Thursday, March 17, 2011

Really? Official?

I cannot turn on the radio for any length of time without hearing a commercial about Jameson Whiskey being the 'official' drink of St. Patrick's Day.

I wonder what Jameson had to do to get an endorsement from the Catholic Church and the Church of Ireland?  I mean, granted, you cannot think about church without immediately thinking about Jameson, but to be the 'official' drink, is there an application process?  Were there other drinks in the running?  I'm pretty sure that the competition between Jameson and Guinness was fierce.  Twitter bombs may have been involved.

This will really shake up the establishment.  Probably haven't seen anything this shocking since McDonald's attempted to steal the 'official dinner of Christmas' title from KFC.  I guess having the Shamrock Shake wasn't enough for them.

Can't we all just get along?  All this fighting is detracting from the real meaning of St. Patrick's Day; finding an excuse to wear silly green hats and drinking one's self into a slobbering stupor.

All this ranting has made me hungry for some chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment